Monday, December 6, 2010

Lucky Stars quilts....

This pattern is called Lucky Stars, by Atkinson Designs.  I love how it turns out...and it pretty quick to boot!  I've made it in two colorways....one patriotic for my nephew in CA.  And then my Christmas quilt this year.  Both are made from vintage shirts--upcycled shirts???  LOL....

Though it doesn't look it from the pattern pic, it really is quite nice for a boy's quilt.  It is made with the stitch/flip method for the triangles so there is a little waste...but it is a good beginner's quilt.  Anyhow, we've been so busy around our house lately that I haven't done any sewing or blog posting!  I'll work to improve, I promise...hopefully!!  Happy sewing...

6 comments:

  1. What a great quilt. I love the one you made with the shirtings. I am thinking about starting a stash of that fabric. Do you have any pointers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love both colorways, but the RWB would be stunning on my oldest son's double bed. Wow!

    Now that I have a working machine, maybe I can make him one after Christmas! Then, I might even have time to make a twin bed size for younger brother (but that one would have to have green in it)! Hopefully this time, nothing horrible will happen! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...those are both GORGEOUS quilts!! Love, love love them..great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stashing with shirts is so much fun!! I just hit the thrift stores on the days when the shirts are 50% off and pick up ones that I find appealing. Definitely stick to 100% cotton...if it doesn't feel right, leave it behind. XXL shirts will give you more bang for your buck!! Wash them first then cut up and I sort by color. I love the plaids!! Great for boy quilts and man quilts. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both great. I specially like the Christmas one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my! They are both very lovely! I like both of yours much more than the pattern sample.

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!