Sunday, March 27, 2011

Name Tag for MQG...

Whew.  Finished.  This is my second attempt at a "modern" name tag. 

My Mom didn't teach me how to embroider so this is my "improv" embroidering...LOL!  One of my problems on the first one was turning it inside-out and trying to get nice corners.  ??  So I just decided to go with the pinking shears.  Isn't "raw edged" modern??


Done is good.  Now on to something else!  I'm putting aside my Tortilla Soup quilt for a while....I find the linen hard to deal with and I need a break from it.  ???  What now?

7 comments:

  1. I like it! Mine turned into something of a coaster on a string...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol and here I am with the same corner issue when I turned mine inside out. I've been debating remaking mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great name tag! And I totally agree on the linen...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I better get busy! My name is done but that's as far as it goes. Raw edge is very modern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks very modern and I love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did a Google image search of quilts over my lunch hour, and about half of the images I was drawn to click on were yours! You clearly make quilts that are eye-catching and colorful. Thanks for the great images!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pinking shears - great idea! I have some but never use them because I never know what to use them for.

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!