Sunday, June 24, 2012

A new project...

While we are on vacation, I thought I'd start a new project.  I brought two things with me....my Granny Squares project (still 60 squares short) and a smaller version of the Supernova quilt from Freshly Pieced....

I am using 2.5" squares so I can use some of the charm squares I got from my last Spectrum swap.  I'm also going to piece it slightly different than she did, just to be more efficient and not waste any fabric.  I sort of made little kits of fabric and diagrams of the 9 blocks before I left Vegas...

We are in Flagstaff, AZ...the land of no air conditioning.  I'm not big on vacationing for several reasons...

1.  If you are working, vacations are fun because you aren't at work.  But if you are a teacher on summer break, you are NOT working so this is just more of the same, but in a different location.

2.  When vacationing, you should stay somewhere way better than where you live.  But right now, I really like where I live (nice sheets and towels, air conditioning, snacks, two sewing rooms, lots of cable TV, etc) so there is a really high standard to beat on a vacation...

Anywho, I'll post up pics of random Flagstaff stuff that is sewing related from Rebecca's iPhone! 
Happy sewing!

3 comments:

  1. Oops I meant to say I love how the colors go together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is there no air conditioning? No air conditioning is a vacation only if the thermometer is below 70 degrees. In my humble opinion. And I would never willingly travel in the summer to a place without a/c. Your block is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!