Sunday, July 14, 2013

Rebecca's Charity Quilts...

Rebecca was kind enough to volunteer to make two donation quilts for the Reading with Rover program here in Las Vegas.  From what I understand, kids and dogs sit together on quilts and learn to read (not the dogs, the kids).  Anyhow, they needed a bunch of smallish quilts so we made two out of some Dr. Seuss fabric.  By we, I mean Rebecca.  All I did was quilt them...She cut apart a panel fabric and then bordered the rectangles with coordinating fabrics and a few black and whites.  How cute!!


Because all the rectangles weren't the same size, she had to use some MATH to get it all to fit together.  For a Special Ed teacher, she did quite well!!  LOL....The first was quilted with a panto called Modern Twist...


The second was quilted with a panto called Twine....


Rebecca is rocking the quilting....awesome!  Way to go....

Also, I couldn't resist this little coin pouch at Sprouts today....made from 95% post-consumer material (does that mean trash???).....Probably the other 5% is the zipper..... ;-)


Anyhow, I must go finish cooking dinner.  More tomorrow!  Happy Quilting....

2 comments:

  1. Those quilts are darling! I love the little coin purse, too. I had one and it lasted forever. Who knew 'trash' would wear so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca did a wonderful job on her quilts. Love the pantos I haven't seen. It think the coin purse is made from recycled plastic bottles. Cool purse.

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!